jmeter-user mailing list archives

From topans7 <taufan.san...@lhsystems.co.id>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:51:27 GMT

Temoor A. Janjua wrote:

> Yeah your JVM is running out of heap memory. You need to edit your
> jmeter.bat and increase the heap memory size by editing the following
> line:
> HEAP="-Xms256m -Xmx1024m"
>
> 256m and 1024m work fine for me, you can change it to whatever works for
> you.
>
> Thanks,
> TJ

That's right my friend. Negative-effect of Jmeter is they consume a lot of
memory.
My suggestion for everyone that using Jmeter is please upgrade your RAM to
2GB and edit jmeter.bat to increase heap memory size "Xms1536m-xmx1536m".
after that, download a program called Minimem. Note that minimen 1.2 require
dotnet framework 2.0, and dotnet framework 2.0 require windows installer
3.1. use minimen to cut off used memory in RAM except Jmeter!

I run it on my notebook and feels no barrier, I just can say "wow, how about
4GB"