jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Smith <dsm...@intersectdigital.com>
Subject Will flash be downloaded in HTTP get request?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:09:26 GMT
Hi everybody, I'm trying to figure out if jmeter is going to be a fit for my web project.
The pages for our project in general have a flash component, as well as AJAX, CSS, etc.  My
question is, will jmeter download that flash component as well?  I've included what I can
find in the manual, at usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request, but it doesn't mention
flash specifically, and "external scripts" isn't very specific.  Any ideas?  Of course I don't
need it to run the flash, but it's not going to tell me what my user load on the server is
unless it downloads the junk at least.  Thanks!

David

18.1.2 HTTP Request
This sampler lets you send an HTTP/HTTPS request to a web server. It also lets you control
whether or not JMeter parses HTML files for images and other embedded resources and sends
HTTP requests to retrieve them. The following types of embedded resource are retrieved:

 *   images
 *   applets
 *   stylesheets
 *   external scripts
 *   frames
 *   background images (body, table, TD, TR)
 *   background sound