jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loop Controller for multiple HTTP requests
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:13:25 GMT
On 19/11/2008, Andyy <andlogan@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  Apologies if I'm missing the obvious but I want to run multiple http
>  requests. Each request to run X amount of times before moving to the next.
>  e.g x=3
>
>  Request 1,Request 1,Request 1 then Request 2,Request 2,Request 2 then
>  Request 3,Request 3,Request 3
>
>  not like the standard loop
>
>  Request 1,Request 2,Request 3 then Request 1,Request 2,Request 3 then
>  Request 1,Request 2,Request 3
>
>  As I've a very high number of http requests(50+) I don't want to have to add
>  a loop controller to each one. Is there a
>  quicker/cleaner way to do this.

Put the URLs in a file and use CSV Data Set to read them.
You can use a scripting tool to replicate the entries in the file.

If you want each thread to serve the same URLs, make sure you select
sharing mode "current thread".

This is not ideal, as each thread needs to have its own copy of the
file handle, but I think the only other way would be to use a script
to process the JMX file to add the Loop Controller parents, which
would be harder to do.