jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can't open results in jmeter
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:20:00 GMT
>  > On 07/11/2008, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  > On 07/11/2008, Fitzpatrick, Adrian <adrianf@revenue.ie> wrote:
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Hi,
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I've seen a similar problem with CSV results files. As you are using
XML
>  >  >  >  files, I don't think your having the same issue but it might point
you in the
>  >  >  >  right direction. The problem we have was that we had assertions in
our script
>  >  >  >  and the result text for the assertion was included in the JTL file.
However,
>  >  >  >  this text actually had a comma in it. So, when we tried to re-open
the JTL
>  >  >  >  file in JMETER, the comma from the assertion text was treated as a
delimiter
>  >  >  >  for the CSV and hence the file couldn't open.
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  I know this specific problem has been fixed in the latest verison
of Jmeter,
>  >  >  >  but perhaps your having a similar one - maybe some XML control characters
in
>  >  >  >  the file where they shouldnt be. Can you open the file in an XML editor
>  >  >  >  see if its valid XML?
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > The XML is created by the same library that reads it so it's extremely
>  >  >  unlikely that the output is invalid.
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  >  Also, what does the JMETER log file say when you try to open this
file?
>  >  >  >
>  >  >  >  Finally, I dont think size is your issue - we have JTL files that
are several
>  >  >  >  100 MB in size and can open these without issues (cept its a bit slow!)
>  >  >
>  >  >
>  >  > Unfortunately XML files are currently processed all at once (this
>  >  >  needs to be fixed).
>  >  >

This has now been fixed as of r712398.

I was able to load a 750MB XML file (19,440 samples) into Summary
Report and Table View and Aggregate Report.

It even worked in Tree View, but I had to increase the HEAP as follows:

set HEAP=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

which is not entirely surprising as Tree View holds full copies of all
the samples.

So if you are willing to use a nightly build then that might solve your problem.

Note that the nightly build also fixes the Visualizer clearing problem
- Visualizers need to be cleared manually.