jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send random values from a file?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:32:41 GMT
On 03/11/2008, Srinivasulu <srinivasulu.narahari@cognizant.com> wrote:

>  If the duplictes are allowed then how to access them...??

Generate a random number and read the file until that record is
reached. Of course this will  need to be synchronzed, unless you use
different file connections per thread - which could cause resource
exhaustion with more than a few threads.

If all records are the same length you should be able to skip to the
appropriate record, which would obviously be quicker and would reduce
the synchronize time.

Randomising the file before use is a much better approach.