jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send random values from a file?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:00:00 GMT
JMeter does not support random access to data files.

This would not be trivial to implement, and would be slow unless all
the lines in the file were the same length.

Also, what do you mean by random order? Are duplicates allowed, or can
each entry only be used once? If the latter, then JMeter would need to
keep track of which entries had been used.

Of course it would be possible, but I think this it would be out of
scope for JMeter.

==

In the past I've used the Perl Math module to generate the random
numbers, and then processed them as necessary to generate the actual
data.

Or generate a randomly ordered list of numbers and use that to process
the existing data into a random order.