jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Chadszinow <achadszi...@squiz.net>
Subject Re: How to test clicking on links?
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:56:11 GMT
Hi Bloomen,

Can't help with assertions.  Haven't used them at all yet.  Can you
instruct Jmeter to click on a button? ... no not really.  You can click
on the button yourself; work out what gets sent to the webserver on the
click and replicate that with samplers OR you can write some regular
expressions to extract what the button does in a bit more of a generic
way and replicate the request but it's not like you can make jmeter just
click something and whatever that something triggers will get triggered
automatically.

Jmeter isn't a browser & won't execute any JS that might be attached to
a button.  It assumes you know more than the fact that a button exists.
It assumes you know what the button does or will do in every situation
and you have to build your tests accordingly.

Chad
PS This question is on a different subject so you should have posted
this as a new email. Also it would have been better not to direct the
email at me. I'm just a user and definitely not a Guru. You would get
more help by posing your question to the community.

--
Anthony Chadszinow
MySource Classic Lead Developer

Squiz
92 Jarrett St Leichhardt, Sydney NSW, Australia 2040
t:    13000 SQUIZ ( Support )
t:    8507 9900 / 1300 130 661
f:    8507 9988
w:    www.matrix.squiz.net
w:    www.squiz.net

Sydney  |  Melbourne  |  Canberra  |  Hobart  |  Wellington  |  London

Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net

IMPORTANT:This email (and any attachments) is commercial-in-confidence and
or may be legally privileged and must not be forwarded, copied or shared
without express permission from Squiz. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not legally copy, disclose or use the contents in any way
and you should
contact squiz@squiz.net immediately and destroy this message and any
attachments. Thank you.