jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nair, Pramod" <pramod.n...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject Confused in JMeter Sample Attributes
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:59:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm a bit confused interpreting JMeter Sample Attributes.

I'm using an HTTP request Sampler and my Results file gives me the
following values which I believe are:

t - Elapsed time: Total response time i.e. the total time taken right
from the moment when the request is fired by JMeter till the complete
response is received.

lt - latency: The time taken from the moment request is fired by JMeter
till the 1st byte of response is received from the application under
test.

ts - time stamp: The timestamp at the moment request is fired by JMeter.

If the above are true, then considering I have two or more consecutive
samples, ( ts1 + t1 + JMeter processing time) = ts2

What I mean to say is that the difference between the two timestamps
should be theoretically only the "total time elapsed for sample 1"

Can anyone please tell me if I'm correct?

Thanks

Pramod