jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Help] Number of samples is not equal to number of threads
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:15:57 GMT
2008/10/30 rustix <a.ruzaik@gmail.com>:

> i tried a HTTP Request Sampler test and I set the number of threads to 15000.
> however when i run the test it tests only around 12000 to 13000 samples..
> but when i set the number of threads to 13000  it tested all 13000 samples.
> why is this?
>
> what could i do to correct it?
>
> P.S. - the server is running on another machine withing the local network

If you are running in client-server mode, and the client is running
non-GUI, and there is more than 1 server involved, then there was a
problem in 2.3.2 (and before) whereby the sample output files were
closed when the first server finished. This has been fixed in the
nightlies.

Otherwise, samples are always completed. Did the test finish normally?
Were there any errors in the jmeter log files?