jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extracting "Size in bytes:"
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:06:17 GMT
On 15/10/2008, Nair, Pramod <pramod.nair@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  I'm trying to extract the "Size in bytes" value from my HTTP Response
>  (below) using Regular Expression Extractor. I tried with the entire
>  available "Response Field to check" options but could not extract the
>  size of HTTP Response.
>

>  The regex I'm using is - Size in bytes: (.*)

"Size in bytes" is not a response header - it's only a label on the
Tree View Listener display.

>  Is this the correct way to extract size in bytes?

It might be, if there were such a header ... the normal HTTP header is
"Content-Length"

>  Thread Name: TEST CALLED 1-1
>
>  Sample Start: 2008-10-15 16:17:41 IST
>
>  Load time: 31
>
>  Latency: 31
>
>  Size in bytes: 13084
>
>  Sample Count: 1
>
>  Error Count: 0
>
>  Response code: 200
>
>  Response message: OK

All of the above are just JMeter labels for the values.

>  Response headers:
>
>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>
>  Cache-Control: no-cache="set-cookie"
>
>  Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:47:41 GMT
>
>  Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
>  Set-Cookie:
>  JSESSIONID=r1XLL1KNYhnjH42mmnffxp8zLPG7CtpnH9GdRKj!1800723867; path=/

The above are proper HTTP headers.

There is no Content-Length header, because the response is chunked.

>  Thanks in advance !

What are you trying to do with the size?

>  Regards
>
>  Pramod
>

>  The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential
information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.