jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Banerjee, Tapan" <Tapan_Baner...@syntelinc.com>
Subject RE: Nothing recorded using HTTP Proxy
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 04:01:00 GMT

Browser works fine even after I stop the Proxy...pages are displayed as
usual.

As told the proxy is also started bt nothing is recorded in Jmeter. Is
there anythn to do with the path...
Any path settings to be made or some other thing that I might be
missing..??

Thanks & Regards
Tapan Banerjee
Extn |0203-4461|
Mobile: 91-9881464121
EMail: tapan_banerjee@syntelinc.com

He who makes no mistakes, makes nothing..

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:32 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Nothing recorded using HTTP Proxy

On 03/09/2008, Banerjee, Tapan <Tapan_Banerjee@syntelinc.com> wrote:
> I was able to work in my office computer..but now in my Laptop, i dont
have any proxy settings defined to access internet..
> now when i am trying to record through HTTP proxy server in Jmeter
nothing gets recorded.

> Steps Followed:
> 1. Same HTTP Proxy server defined both in Jmeter HTTP Proxy and IE LAN
settings.
> 2. Added a Recording controller in Test plan->Thread Group 3. Click on

> Start. for starting the Proxy Server.
> 4. Port used for Proxy server: 8080,9900,9999 5. IPAddr of Proxy
> server: localhost, 121.245.137.165
>
> I've tried with all possible combinations but still nothing gets
recorded.

> Observations:
> 1. I've found that the proxy has started successfully. This was
mentioned in the Jmeter Log file.
> 2. No requests are recorded in JMeter.
> 3. After clicking on Start Proxy, when I tried to check about the
ports used in command prompt using "netstat -an" command,
>    i've found that the port used in Proxy has been started and is in
LISTENING mode.

> Guys now tell me what to do...?? Am i missing anything..??

Does the browser still work, i.e. does it show the pages?
What happens if you stop the JMeter proxy?
Does the browser still work?
If so, then the browser is not using the proxy server - i.e. JMeter will
not see the pages.

> Version of JMeter: 2.3.2R665936
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Tapan Banerjee
> Extn |0203-4461 |
> Mobile: 91-9881464121
> EMail: tapan_banerjee@syntelinc.com
> Website: http://www.syntelinc.com
> <https://59.160.124.9/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.syntelinc.c
> om>
>
> Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain
information from Syntel, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be
for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.