jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ronan Klyne <ronan.kl...@groupbc.com>
Subject Re: to record https requests
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:52:11 GMT
swevsw wrote:
> Hi
> can you explain me more about writing test cases by hand........
> What should i give in the protocol.......,if i give https,does it work...

Yes, putting https in the protocol field would work.
Everything else will be the same as writing a normal unencrypted test.

> My whole code is using JavaScript as front end and Java Servelets as
> backend,i have a call server that processes the request sent by my Java
> Script code.
>
> So is it possible to write test cases manually??

Yes, as long as you can reproduce the behaviour of the JavaScript in JMeter.
You just have to work out what requests should be sent to your servlet -
you may find that Firefox plugins like 'Tamper Data' would help work out
what these should be.