jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Send an HTTP request and auto-check the first checkbox?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:35:46 GMT
On 08/09/2008, laredotornado <laredotornado@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I'm using the latest version of JMeter on WinXP.  I have the below HTTP
>  Request ...
>
>  http://screencast.com/t/7YhM8KGRL
>
>  but I have hard-coded what would be submitted if a user checked a particular
>  checkbox on the page (name=value(kstoel9914c),value=true).  Is there a way I
>  can put in my HTTP Request to auto-check the first checkbox on the page
>  without hard coding a value?

There's currently no page navigation built into JMeter - you have to
provide the parameters that would be sent by the browser.

However, JMeter does have variables, and can extract values from HTML pages.

I assume in this case that
   name=value(kstoel9914c)
may vary between test runs.

In which case you need to use the Regular Expression Extractor to get
the value of the name attribute; you can then use the variable in the
HTTP Parameter name section.