jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regular Expression Extractor-Help Needed
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:09:51 GMT
On 08/09/2008, Mathumathi Palani Bommu, EAS-Chennai <mathumathip@hcl.in> wrote:

>  Add Regular Expression extractor and provide the values as
>  Reference name:session
>  Regular Expression :<input type=hidden name=userSession> value=(.*)

I think that will capture too much as "." also matches any ">" it finds.
Also, there is an extraneous ">" in the RE.

Should probably be

Regular Expression :<input type=hidden name=userSession value=(.*?)>

The ? makes it stop at the first match (non-greedy).

It would be a bit quicker to put:

Regular Expression :<input type=hidden name=userSession value=([^>]+)

which will match all characters that are not ">" - this is an easier
search to perform.

If the value can be on a separate line, then you will need to use:

Regular Expression :<input type=hidden name=userSession\s+value=([^>]+)

Attributes are normally enclosed in quotes, in which case the RE need adjusting:

Regular Expression :<input type="hidden" name="userSession"\s+value="[^"]+

>  Template:$1$
>  Match #:0

Add a Default value so you can tell whether or not the RE was applied
successfully.
[And check the log just in case of syntax errors as these will not be
reported to the GUI]