jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to send parameters with POST HTTP request
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:26:45 GMT
On 04/09/2008, zhang july <julyself@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
>  I am using Jmeter2.2. I am trying send an POST HTTP request with 3 parameters to our
web server.

Current version is 2.3.2.

>  The request is like
>  http://hostname/test?DESTINATION=1234&PORT=80&REQUESTURI=/
>
>  If I set "Path" to"/test" and add 3 parameters in the table in the section for "HTTP
Request", all 3 parameters didn't include in the request.

That should work - are you sure you are entering the parameters correctly?
Both the Name and Value column should be used.

However, the parameters will be sent as the body of the POST.

>  If I set "Path" to "/test?DESTINATION=1234&PORT=80&REQUESTURI=/" and leave the
parameter table empty, all parameters can be send out with the POST request. But then I don't
have the flexibility to change the value of the parameters for my load test.

Why not? You can use variables in the Path.

>  Any help or hints will be appreciated.

POST requests normally send parameters as part of the body.