jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nothing recorded using HTTP Proxy
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:01:32 GMT
On 03/09/2008, Banerjee, Tapan <Tapan_Banerjee@syntelinc.com> wrote:
> I was able to work in my office computer..but now in my Laptop, i dont have any proxy
settings defined to access internet..
> now when i am trying to record through HTTP proxy server in Jmeter nothing gets recorded.
>
> Steps Followed:
> 1. Same HTTP Proxy server defined both in Jmeter HTTP Proxy and IE LAN settings.
> 2. Added a Recording controller in Test plan->Thread Group
> 3. Click on Start. for starting the Proxy Server.
> 4. Port used for Proxy server: 8080,9900,9999
> 5. IPAddr of Proxy server: localhost, 121.245.137.165
>
> I've tried with all possible combinations but still nothing gets recorded.
>
> Observations:
> 1. I've found that the proxy has started successfully. This was mentioned in the Jmeter
Log file.
> 2. No requests are recorded in JMeter.
> 3. After clicking on Start Proxy, when I tried to check about the ports used in command
prompt using "netstat -an" command,
>    i've found that the port used in Proxy has been started and is in LISTENING mode.
>
> Guys now tell me what to do...?? Am i missing anything..??

Does the browser still work, i.e. does it show the pages?
What happens if you stop the JMeter proxy?
Does the browser still work?
If so, then the browser is not using the proxy server - i.e. JMeter
will not see the pages.

> Version of JMeter: 2.3.2R665936
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Tapan Banerjee
> Extn |0203-4461 |
> Mobile: 91-9881464121
> EMail: tapan_banerjee@syntelinc.com
> Website: http://www.syntelinc.com <https://59.160.124.9/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.syntelinc.com>
>
> Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Syntel,
Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information
is intended to be for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original
message and all copies.