jmeter-user mailing list archives

From jephperro <jeff.perrea...@gmail.com>
Subject Running JMeter as server, how is CSV data chosen
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:01:34 GMT

Hi there,

I am using Jmeter to do some performance testing, running 5 machines using
the Jmeter_server.  It's working pretty well so far.

Here's the question though.  I have a list of logins and passwords in a CSV
file.

Does each instance (server) use the same CSV file starting at line 1?

So here's what I am trying:
I start my 5 servers, with 10 threads each, and 250 user/pass pairs in the
CSV.

What I want is to see 250 users logged into my website.

What I seem to be seeing is the same 50 users logged in 5 times.

Any way around this, or is this in fact what is happening?  Would it make a
difference if each server had a different CSV file?