jmeter-user mailing list archives

From ashish261080 <ash.ab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Stress testing with JMeter - HTTP User Parameter Modifier
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:15:03 GMT

Hi,

I want to simulate 1,000 requests on my web application each request passing
different paramaters to the login.jsp file ie. 1000 different usernames and
passwords to the login page. For that I defined set of users in an XML file
named users.xml and saved it under the bin directory of JMeter's
distribution with the name users.xml overwriting the existing sample file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE allthreads SYSTEM "users.dtd">

   <allthreads>

	<thread>
		<parameter>
                    <paramname>username</paramname>
                    <paramvalue>linuxuser</paramvalue>
                </parameter>
		<parameter>
                    <paramname>password</paramname>
                    <paramvalue>techie</paramvalue>
                </parameter>
	</thread>

	<thread>
		<parameter>
                    <paramname>username</paramname>
                    <paramvalue>windowsuser</paramvalue>
                </parameter>
		<parameter>
                    <paramname>password</paramname>
                    <paramvalue>non-techie</paramvalue>
                </parameter>
	</thread>
   </allthreads>

I then changed the following input fields in order to simulate each
individual user with the stress test:

    * Number of threads: From the Thread Group option, changed this number
to 3 to reflect those declared in the users.xml file.
    * Pre-processors: While placed on the HTTP Request icon, right-clicked
and selected the Add -- Pre Processors -- User Parameter choice from the
pull-down menu. I read that this option tells JMeter to load the users.xml
file.

But despite doing that I don't see the users.xml contents being reflected in
the User "Parameter" Preprocessor screen as given in the screenshot.

JMeter manual says there is a preprocessor "HTTP User Parameter Modifier"
but I can find only "User Parameter" Preprocessor. Please tell me where am I
going wrong. Am i using the wrong version. I am currently using
jakarta-jmeter-2.3.2 version.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19284107/Userparameter.jpeg