jmeter-user mailing list archives

From TomKattt <think...@socal.rr.com>
Subject URL adding extra junk
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:21:00 GMT

Hello, I'm a newbie with JMeter, and I just took over a JMETER task from a
different newbie who is no longer with the company.  I am hoping someone can
explain this problem to me.

I have a test script with a lot of pages.  In our QA environment, all of the
pages work great.  But we also have an isolated 'sandbox' that we want to
test in, and I need to get a clean run from JMETER in that environment.

Using the same script as QA, about a third of the URL's return a Server 500
error.  When I look in the jmeter log, I see 'URL:
http://localhost:2006/...blahblahblah.../TradingScenarios.asp?parm=457'.
This has a server 500 error with it.

In the IIS log, this transaction shows up, and the parm in the URL are
messed up.  The parm is 'parm=457|49|ASP_0158_:_80004005|missing_URL'.

I don't know where that extra stuff is coming from.

Here is a paste of the XML from the .jmx file:

        <hashTree>
          <GenericController guiclass="LogicControllerGui"
testclass="GenericController" testname="Trading and Compliance &gt;&gt;
Hypothetical Trade Testing
/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp" enabled="true"/>
          <hashTree>
            <HTTPSampler guiclass="HttpTestSampleGui"
testclass="HTTPSampler"
testname="/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp"
enabled="true">
              <elementProp name="HTTPsampler.Arguments"
elementType="Arguments" guiclass="HTTPArgumentsPanel" testclass="Arguments"
enabled="true">
                <collectionProp name="Arguments.arguments">
                  <elementProp name="" elementType="HTTPArgument">
                    <boolProp
name="HTTPArgument.always_encode">false</boolProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.name">parm</stringProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.value">457</stringProp>
                    <stringProp name="Argument.metadata">=</stringProp>
                  </elementProp>
                </collectionProp>
              </elementProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.domain"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.port"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.protocol">http</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.contentEncoding"></stringProp>
              <stringProp
name="HTTPSampler.path">/Apps/TradingCompliance/Trading/TradingScenarios.asp</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.method">GET</stringProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.follow_redirects">true</boolProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.auto_redirects">false</boolProp>
              <boolProp name="HTTPSampler.use_keepalive">true</boolProp>
              <boolProp
name="HTTPSampler.DO_MULTIPART_POST">false</boolProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.mimetype"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.FILE_NAME"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.FILE_FIELD"></stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.monitor">false</stringProp>
              <stringProp name="HTTPSampler.embedded_url_re"></stringProp>
            </HTTPSampler>
            <hashTree/>
          </hashTree>

Thanks for any help I can get.