jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Tchepannou" <eric.tchepan...@gmail.com>
Subject OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:58:07 GMT
Hi all,

I am looking for tips to improve performance with jmeter. I have recorded a
web test script containing two thread groups. Following the jmeter's best
practice guide, I have disabled all my listeners and I am running in nongui
mode and with "-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m". I am trying to simulate 128 (2 x 64)
users for one hour, but constantly get OutOfMemory errors after about 15
minutes. I would have hoped to be able to perform this test from a single
client, but it looks like this will only work with distributed testing or do
you know any other useful tip I could use to improve the performance?

Thanks,

Eric.