jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Huesgen, Chad" <chues...@litle.com>
Subject RE: Remotely starting and stopping jmeter server from command line
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:05:32 GMT
Thank you for the response sebb the -X definitely is a much nicer way of
stopping jmeter-server then my kill -9.  The problem with starting
jmeter-server with a script is if I use ssh to start it jmeter-server
will not start as a background process so the script that I have to kick
off all of the test cases sits there and waits for the response from
ssh.  I am playing with some different scenarios to try to get this to
work with ssh, using setsid etc.  But if anyone has already done this
with a script, remotely start jmeter-server and has the code that would
be great.

Thanks,

Chad

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:26 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Remotely starting and stopping jmeter server from command
line

On 27/08/2008, Huesgen, Chad <chuesgen@litle.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>  I wanted to see if there was a way to remotely start and stop
>  jmeter-server from a client machine.  Basically I want to cycle
>  jmeter-server before all of my test's.  My setup is 2 jmeter servers
and
>  one jmeter client machine.  I am starting the tests from the client
>  machine with the following statement:
>
>  jmeter -n -t ./TestPlans/pingTwoServers100Threads100Loops.jmx -R
>  $jmeterserverone:11099, $jmeterservertwo:11099
>
>  I have already written a script that I can call after the test is
done

Or just use the -X option:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#options

>  that will kill the jmeter-server instance but I was hoping that there
is
>  a command line option to start jmeter-server if it is not started on
the
>  remote server.

There is no such option, nor is there ever likely to be.

AFAIK, that would require OS-specific code as well as knowledge of
login name and password.

If you are familiar with the server OS facilities, you may be able to
set something up using e.g. inetd which could listen on a suitable
port. Otherwise just create a suitable remote shell command script.

>  Thanks,
>
>  Chad
>  NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it,
is for the use of the addressee only. It may contain proprietary,
confidential and/or legally privileged information belonging to Litle &
Co. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistransmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any
part of this message. If you believe you have received this message in
error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail. Thank you.