jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Huesgen, Chad" <chues...@litle.com>
Subject Remotely starting and stopping jmeter server from command line
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:11:14 GMT
Hello All,

I wanted to see if there was a way to remotely start and stop
jmeter-server from a client machine.  Basically I want to cycle
jmeter-server before all of my test's.  My setup is 2 jmeter servers and
one jmeter client machine.  I am starting the tests from the client
machine with the following statement:

jmeter -n -t ./TestPlans/pingTwoServers100Threads100Loops.jmx -R
$jmeterserverone:11099, $jmeterservertwo:11099

I have already written a script that I can call after the test is done
that will kill the jmeter-server instance but I was hoping that there is
a command line option to start jmeter-server if it is not started on the
remote server.

Thanks,

Chad
NOTICE: This message, including all attachments transmitted with it, is for the use of the
addressee only. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged information
belonging to Litle & Co. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print or copy any part of this message. If you believe you have received this
message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system and notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail. Thank you.