jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Himanshu Ghai" <himanshug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: remote jmeter logging question
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:01:12 GMT
I didn't have a machine right now to run a test remotely but it seems
that default save on view results tree does not log the request/response
headers..it shows info on UI but doesnt log it to a file...I was able
to log it by changing it through configure option in view results tree..

Can you try modifying jmx in a text editor? the one on remote machine..
see if you can do a <responseHeaders>true</responseHeaders>,
<requestHeaders>true</requestHeaders> for the view results tree..

If its currently set to false on remote machine's jmx then this is probably the
reason..

Himanshu

On 8/27/08, gwatson <gwatson@servicemagic.com> wrote:

> [...]
>  > I tried it here..if you have view results tree writing to a file and
>  > in any view results tree listener if you open that file(extension
>  > jtl)... it shows all the logged data in same form..
>  > if jmeter is run with -n option this is the only way I can think of..
>  >
>  > Himanshu
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > On 8/26/08, gwatson <gwatson@servicemagic.com> wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  Well, I have it in my test plan. I just dont know what options to start
>  >>  jmeter with in order to view the data written to the results tree.
>  >> Anyone
>  >>  know?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  Himanshu Ghai wrote:
>  >>  >
>  >>  > In my jmeter scripts that are launched using cron..I have given a
>  >> shared
>  >>  > location as the path for aggregate log...try it in your jmeter plan
>  >>  > itself..
>  >>  > to give a path for the view results tree jmx file...results tree could
>  >>  > be pretty resource intensive...use the configure option for view
>  >> results
>  >>  > tree to
>  >>  > minimize the logged data... may be request headers are sufficient...
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Thanks,
>  >>  > Himanshu
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>  > On 8/26/08, gwatson <gwatson@servicemagic.com> wrote:
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I am new to this
>  >> forum.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  Anywhoo, I am using jmeter from a remote server to test load
>  >> balancing
>  >>  >>  through a couple of new server iron GT's. I have the serverirons
>  >>  >> configured
>  >>  >>  to hand out cookies to cookie-able browsers in order to maintain
>  >> session
>  >>  >>  state. (our application is relies on session state)
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  I am using the following command to run a jmx test plan against
said
>  >>  >> load
>  >>  >>  balancer: (from a wrapper script)
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  jmeter -n -DHost=$HOST -t $JMXDIR/$JMX -Dhttpclient.localaddress=$IP
>  >> -l
>  >>  >> $LOG
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  The tests appear to be working. However, I need to verify that I
am
>  >>  >> getting
>  >>  >>  cookie'd appropriately. I dont see anything in the logfile that
Im