jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: Session ID changes for a POST request
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:09:57 GMT

Hi,

It looks to me that you may have recorded the JSESSIONID "92714......." into
the script when you originally created the script, so thats why its being
sent with every request. If you can remove this jsession portion of the URL
from you HTTP sampler, the correct JSESSION which is being included in the
cookie data should be picked up instead.

Alternatively, if your application and/or app server needs the JSESSION id to
be in the URL, you may be able to change the URL in the HTTP sampler so that
it
looks something like this -

http://localhost:8080/gate.do;jsessionid=${JSESSIONID}?action=index

i.e. its using a variable to fill in the correct value. However im not sure
if this is the correct syntax to get the value of a cookie as a variable, you
can look up how to this (am sure its possible) if that doesnt work.

Regards,

- Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hall [mailto:chrishall_ie@yahoo.com]
Sent: 22 August 2008 14:51
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Session ID changes for a POST request

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

Hi all,
  I've been getting problems with Session ID's.

  I've added a HTTP cookie manager, which seems to have resolved most of my
problems, but I@ve come across an instance where the session ID is not being
passed correctly to the URL.

  ie
   GET request #1:
        GET http://localhost:8080/welcome.do?action=form

        Cookie Data:
        JSESSIONID=195374BBEEE86BB9633B1CF93B48A03C

        Request Headers:
        Connection: keep-alive

  but on the next page
   POST request #1:

   POST
http://localhost:8080/gate.do;jsessionid=927141B2B85E34E8F586B1FEC7CED71C?act
ion=index

   POST data:
   Name=MyName&Password=pass

   Cookie Data:
   JSESSIONID=195374BBEEE86BB9633B1CF93B48A03C

   Request Headers:
   Connection: keep-alive

>From here, you can see the cookie has the same session ID for both requests,
except for the post, the url passed is incorrect.

  am i missing something simple here? I'm very new to JMeter it has to be
said.

Rgds,
Chris