jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:28:57 GMT

Hi Eric,

We are running more threads with less memory than this, so it should be
possible. Are you doing anything odd in your thread groups that might consume
a lot of memory? If you want to share ur JMX file i can take a look and see
if I can spot anything....

Regards,

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Tchepannou [mailto:eric.tchepannou@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 August 2008 17:58
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.

Hi all,

I am looking for tips to improve performance with jmeter. I have recorded a
web test script containing two thread groups. Following the jmeter's best
practice guide, I have disabled all my listeners and I am running in nongui
mode and with "-Xms2048m -Xmx2048m". I am trying to simulate 128 (2 x 64)
users for one hour, but constantly get OutOfMemory errors after about 15
minutes. I would have hoped to be able to perform this test from a single
client, but it looks like this will only work with distributed testing or do
you know any other useful tip I could use to improve the performance?

Thanks,

Eric.