jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: jmeter Test Plan against a Swing App Client?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:36:01 GMT

Hi David,

This is a problem for your application, not for Jmeter. Your application uses
HTTP to talk to a server, and so does a browser - the difference is that in
the browser case you can configure it to use a proxy, whereas (i assume based
on your prob description) with your application you cannot. You need to
change you application to be able to use a proxy or else work out some other
way to capture the http traffic.

Regardless of what you do this will perf test your servlet application and
will not test your gui at all.

Regards,

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brown [mailto:david@davidwbrown.name]
Sent: 11 August 2008 16:15
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: jmeter Test Plan against a Swing App Client?

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

Hello Sebb, thanks for the reply. I did not give complete details: I have a
gui app that is using the HttpClient API to connect to a Servlet. Maybe
somebody has had a similar situation or work-around. Could a proxy be built
for something like this similar to the Browser proxy? Please advise, David.

sebb wrote ..