jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: Programmatic increase of the amount of virtual users.
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:29:08 GMT

The JMeter "ramp-up period" feature (on each thread group) can do something
like this - is that any help?

- Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Tchepannou [mailto:eric.tchepannou@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 August 2008 01:08
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Programmatic increase of the amount of virtual users.

A possible solution has just popped into my mind. I am running jmeter in
nongui mode from the command line (using a Unix shell script), passing with
-J the various parameters to my script, among which the number of virtual
users. I could actually perform multiple jmeter calls in a while-loop
statement with sleep pauses in between like...

....(truncated)....
VUSERS=10
i=1
while [ condition ]
do
    jmeter -n -t -Jvusers=$VUSERS ....(truncated)....
    VUSERS=$(($VUSERS+$i*10))
    sleep 10
done

Or is it better (and/or easier) to have just one jmeter process running and
handle the increase of the virtual users in the test plan script?

Suggestions welcomed

Ta.

--
Eric