jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:20:20 GMT

As Michael said , no errors! Where do you see the out of memory? In terms of
the JMX, the likely culprit is probably the HTTP cache manager. I see that it
clears after interation but I also see each iteration apppears to download a
hell of a lot! I haven't counted at all, but I imagine a worst case scenario
of 128 threads running simulateanously and downloading say 10mb per
iteration, theres up 1.2Gb memory gone before you even count jmeter's own
memory usage.... have u tried running without this element?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Tchepannou [mailto:eric.tchepannou@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 August 2008 18:55
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

see attached.

Thanks .

Eric.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Fitzpatrick, Adrian < adrianf@revenue.ie>
wrote:

Hi Eric,

We are running more threads with less memory than this, so it should be
possible. Are you doing anything odd in your thread groups that might consume
a lot of memory? If you want to share ur JMX file i can take a look and see
if I can spot anything....

Regards,

Adrian