jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Lin" <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Scalability of Jmeter-Server
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:21:37 GMT
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Huesgen, Chad <chuesgen@litle.com> wrote:
> Sorry should of put that in there.  I am running all tests in non-gui
> mode, gave jmeter-server 1 gig of mem and cycling jmeter-servers between
> each test.  I moved the client to the webserver to reduce the amount of
> network hops that the client and server have to make.  Since this is a
> ping test, basically display hello world, I would definitely expect the
> min and median to be very consistent but the max and 9xile's I expected
> to be closer to the median.  I would definitely expect the client to be
> a little of a bottleneck since 2 servers are responding back to it which
> is why I was curious to see if people used multiple jmeter-clients
> instead of jmeter-servers since that would get rid of the multiple hits
> to one client.  I tried to minimize the bottleneck of the client by
> running it in non-gui mode and also using a simple datawriter to write
> my results.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad

the percentile statistics can vary for a variety of reasons. One thing
you can do is look at the network usage on the system running the
webserver.

if the webserver's network IO is maxed out, it can affect those
statistics. You might want to look at what percent of the requests are
between the mean and 90%.

peter