jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter Unable to parse header
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:21:26 GMT
On 15/08/2008, Oliver Erlewein (DSLWN) <Oliver.Erlewein@datacom.co.nz> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I'm getting an error going to a website that runs fine on Firefox and IE. I've checked
that all Cookies & Co are set like they are when the browser uses them. The error is:

>  org.apache.commons.httpclient.ProtocolException: Unable to parse header: HTTP/1.1 200
OK at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.parseHeaders(HttpParser.java:202)

<snip/>

>  I've seen a similar thing here:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/httpcomponents-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg01288.html
>
>  Since I don't see what JMeter's getting back I can't help with more. Hope someone can
help me here.

Looks like HttpClient is confused by the server response.

Normally I'd suggest to switch on HttpClient wire header logging:

log_level.httpclient.wire.header=debug

But the quoted message shows that probably won't help.

You could use something like Wireshark to examine the server response.

Also you could try using the default HTTP sampler for this sample.