jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryErrors. Tips for performance improvement.
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:02:01 GMT
On 14/08/2008, Eric Tchepannou <eric.tchepannou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  thanks so much for you help.
>  After your recommendations, I have made following amendments to my script:
>  i. I have disabled the Cache Managers
>  ii. I have deleted all Timers and kept, for each thread group, just one, as
>  sibling of the HTTP requests
>  Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same problem :-(

Did you set the JTL file to use CSV format?

> Does jmeter  keeps the downloaded items in memory?

No, unless there is a Listener that needs to save the details, e.g Tree View.

>  If yes, is it possible to prevent this?

I suggest you try experimenting with fewer threads - maybe try halving
the number and running two copies of JMeter.

Alternatively, try running with smaller memory settings, e.g.

"-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m"

in case Java is grabbing more than it needs and causing the OOM.