jmeter-user mailing list archives

From vladimir100 <vladimir.belorus...@xerox.com>
Subject Re: Number of threads on one machine
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:34:54 GMT

This is what I found outside this forum:

>From Australia-
I've run more than 10,000 concurrent JMeter threads on a single box (Linux
on
Xeon with 4GB RAM IIRC), but more than 10 separate JMeter processes were
used to
drive that load.

>From the Jmeter web site-
A single jmeter client running on a 1.4-3Ghz CPU can handle 100-300 threads
depending
on the type of test.

Sorry for the naive question. What is the Jmeter client? I'm running Jmeter
by executing jmeter.bat. What is this, a client?