jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Beznogov" <andb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: simultaneous http requests
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:18:44 GMT
Hi,

if you want to make a test plan which should send out independent
requests, one every 5 seconds, set up your thread group as following:

Thread Group
--- Your Request here

And the Thread Groups options should be set to
Number of threads(users) = Number of requests to send out (lets call
it NREQ) --- e.g. 100
Ramp up period(in seconds) = 5*NREQ --- e.g. 500
Loop Count = 1

Then in you test plan, every 5 seconds a new thread will be spawned,
will immediately open its own connection, send out the request, get
the response and die. The time between the requests will be very close
to 5 seconds.

Regards,
Andrey

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Jeremy Quinton
<jeremy.quinton@emea.playphone.com> wrote:

> I have adjusted the ramp up time it does not seem accurate.
> I have also been through the documentation "building a web test plan".
>
> I created another simple test with the following values.
>
> Number of threads(users) 1
> Ramp up period(in seconds) 10
> Loop Count 1
>
> Below the thread group I have two http requests.
> If I run the test and view the results in table format
> the start time of the requests is 3 and then 2.6 seconds apart.
>
> What I want to achieve is measure throughput so 1 request every 5
> seconds. Then at a later stage 1 request every 4 seconds etc.
>
> This is sample data when I view results in a table format.
>
> Sample 1
> 19      12:03:15.457
> 20      12:03:18.399
> Sample 2
> 21      12:09:37.167
> 22      12:09:39.854
>
> Thanks for yor help in advance.
>
> Are there any other tools you could suggest I use that are
> free/opensource
> and similar to jmeter but have this functionality. Ive spent three days
> Days on this tryig different combinations and values and still no luck.

diem perdidi