jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Beznogov" <andb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic Form Filler
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:31:45 GMT
Hi,

yes, much better now, thanks ).

If your forms are static, the POST request submitted for them will
always have the same list of parameters, only with different
parameters values.

Don't try to guess the request by parsing the web page for input
requests - use the HTTP Proxy Server

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Proxy_Server

to record the POST request sent when you submit the form. Then use a
copy of that HTTP request in your test plan.

Now that you have the forms request, define some variables to
parametrize the values.

You can do that by either preparing a CSV file with some data for
requests, and reading the prepared values with CSV Data Config for
each loop

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config

or use the __Random function

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__Random

to randomize them in the request parameters list.

Record and parametrize all your forms submits like that, and include
them all into your test plan.

Regards,
Andrey

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Ryan Miling <rmiling@bzzagent.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help Audrey!
>
> The forms are static and contains the same elements for all users that
> need to complete it. I want to be able to use this test plan on multiple
> forms so I want the test plan to be as generalized as possible.
>
> In essence, I want to be able to provide the identifier of a web page
> that includes a form, have the test plan fill it out, and submit it. Do
> you better understand what I mean now?

diem perdidi