jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Beznogov" <andb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Counter in multiple ThreadGroup iterations
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:13:44 GMT
Hi,

what do you mean by "sub-pages"? Page frames? Redirects on your http
request? Or just pages you will request after parsing the response of
the first request? What is a "page number" - GET parameter in your
requests? And how exactly do you use the Counter to "fill Get
parameters"?

Why cannot you just use the e.g. RegExp or XPath Post Processor to
extract the links for your following request and then loop over those
in a ForEach Controller?

Regards,
Andrey

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM, mburns <m.bruns@digiden.de> wrote:
> Hi, and thanks a lot for the quick response!
>
> I'm using it for looping through sub-pages of a given start-url.
> Due to the design of the sub-page navigation (only very few follow-up pages
> are displayed) I don't want to use a for-each construct.
> Instead I extract the "last" sub-page link via XpathExtractor and pass the
> page number after some cleanup in a BSF Postprocessor to a Loop Controller.
> Inside the Loop Controller, a Counter is used to fill a Sampler's
> GET-Parameter.
>
> This worked fine, but since I would like to simulate a steady stream of
> requests by restarting my ThreadGroup, and the counter won't reset on each
> iteration, I will have to find another solution.
>
> My next try will be to write url-variables within the BSF Postprocessor, and
> pass those to a For-Each Controller.
> Or is there a better way?
>
> Regards,
> Max
>

> Am 05.08.2008 um 12:00 schrieb Andrey Beznogov:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is working as intended - Counter will live on with the thread(s),
>> and is only set to its starting value once - when it is first
>> referenced. It will keep its value from loop to loop.
>>
>> What are you using it for?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrey
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM, mburns <m.bruns@digiden.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> when I configure a ThreadGroup for multiple iterations, a Counter used to
>>> process sub-page parameters inside a Loop is not resetted, but starts off
>>> with the value of the
>>> Option,
>>> or use only a single Thread ).
>>> Do I miss something?