jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Manish Chakravarty" <manishch...@gmail.com>
Subject Need to simulate 500 different users/ how to read them from file and parameterize the script?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:55:29 GMT
Hello everyone,

I need to simulate 500 *different* users logging in and clicking on various
links on a website

I already know how to do a login by using the correct POST parameters.

I have a script where I can simulate one user logging in and going through
the flow of the application.

I need to parameterize the script so that I can simulate and scale up the
test for X number of *different* users (in this case, 500 )

I have the 500 different login id's/passwords required.
Obviously, I would want the JMeter test script to read usernames/passwords
from a file and execute the test.

What is the best way to go about this?

--
Manish Chakravarty