jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan.rodrig...@cybercomgroup.com>
Subject RE: TestCompiler throws NPE - how to debug?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:21:10 GMT
Are you using a result tree listener?
If don't try that it could help.

Otherwise, do a divide and conquer approach:
        Disable half of the elements at a time.
        Then disable half of the half where the exception is
And so on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronan Klyne [mailto:ronan.klyne@groupbc.com]
Sent: den 2 juli 2008 12:13
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: TestCompiler throws NPE - how to debug?

Ivan Rodriguez wrote:
> You could try to disable one element at the time and run the script.
> When the Exception disappear then you will know witch element is causing it.
>

> You can of course do it the other way around, disable all and enable one element at the
time.

The problem with this method is that I have a large test plan (hundreds
of elements), and it takes about 60 seconds per element.
I'd rather JMeter would just tell me which element wasn't right...

> I take it you are not using any Beanshell script right?
I am using BeanShell, but I'm fairly sure this error is not related to
that - BeanShell errors have always mentioned 'BeanShell' somewhere in
the message...

        # r