jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tom H <...@limepepper.co.uk>
Subject server rmi connecting to wrong client ip
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 04:18:56 GMT

Hi,

I've got the problem mentioned here;
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ#head-0ad069b4d8975a098db88de89d04b4f187647c8b

I have a windows box connected to a VPN, and the client can connect to
the server. But nothing happens.... Checking the "netstat -antp | grep
java" output on the server - the server is stuck with a SYN_SENT
connection, where its trying to connect to the Windows box on its local
ip and not its VPN ip.

I tried setting -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.5.6 but it did not
work only set the servers ip incorrectly, but I guess I am after forcing
the client to use the correct IP and not the server. ie I want the rmi
protocol to know the correct client ip.

I tried setting "-Djava.rmi.client.hostname=192.168.5.6 " on the client,
but it seems to ignore that.

Any Idea what I can do?

Thanks,

Tom