jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Fitzpatrick, Adrian" <adri...@revenue.ie>
Subject RE: Asynchronous HTTP request
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 14:47:40 GMT

If this URL gets a 404 response in JMeter, then it should also get the same
using a browser. You say you get a blank page when using the browser - is it
completely blank or is a standard browser error. If you do not get an error
page returned in the browser, its strange behaviour.

Am I correct in thinking that you expect the application to return a 404 HTTP
status code in response to this HTTP GET request? If that is the case (and
its seems like strange application behaviour - how would you tell real errors
from successes?) then you have a problem using JMeter I think. As far as I am
aware the HTTP sampler behaviour is that it will consider any HTTP 404 to be
a failure. You could try overriding this by adding an assertion to the
sampler which checks the status code and asserts success if 404, but I dont
know (and kinda doubt) if this will work.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Paule Zaksauskiene [mailto:PauleZ@enigmatec.net]
Sent: 14 July 2008 15:31
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: Asynchronous HTTP request

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service. (IP)

*************************************

Hi,

Thanks for a quick response.
Basically, the url (if I type it manually on the browser), returns empty
page. The url format is the following:

http://localhost:8443/opath/blueprintAccess/commission(id,parameters)?id
={"oid":{"type":"com.enigmatec.ems.server.dtoImpl.BlueprintImpl","key":0
}}&parameters={"java.io.Serializable:[]}
The request does not return any response. Therefore, Page Info shows "0
kB".

The sampler results are successful for other same style requests, which
return at least one char.

Thanks,
Paule