jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCP Sampler questions
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 01:55:10 GMT
> On 14/07/2008, Stephane Rainville <stephane_rainville@hotmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Hi,
>  >
>  >  I'm trying to test a socket based server and I'm having a weird behaviour with
the TCP Sampler.
>  >
>  >  1-How can you know you get errors or timeout?
>  >  Even if I have timeouts the "Aggregate Report" always says 0% error.
>  >

> The sample implementation that is supplied is fairly basic, and does
>  not report timeout errors. Nor does it report write errors.
>

>  >  The only way I can see if i did not get replies id to use the "Save Reponses to
a file" and manually count the number of files that are above 0 KiloBytes. If I set a very
High timeout value I get my return values but I think it defeats the purpos of stressing the
server and measuring failures.

> Or you can add a Response Assertion to check for > 0 bytes.

Or check for the time the sample takes using a Duration Assertion.

>  >
>  >  Which brings me to question 2 that is not documented on the Jmeter help.
>

> Oops.
>

>  >  2- If I uncheck "re-use" connection all my responses files are ok. If i check
it almost 70% of responses files are empty.