jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to simulate 500 different users/ how to read them from file and parameterize the script?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 10:16:12 GMT
The number of threads can be reduced if the test does not expect to
have 500 users connected simultaneously. Just ensure that the test
plan logs out at the end of the loop, and increase the loop count.
E.g. instead of 500 threads, maybe use 100 threads with 5 loops.

Note that the test plan should contain some timers to simulate the
pauses that real user sessions have, otherwise the load on the server
will be unrepresentative.