jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Beznogov" <andb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Branching in tests
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:18:23 GMT
Hello.

I was trying to prepare some tests using JMeter, and its seems that
existing logic controllers are just not enough.

In my test plan, I wanted to have some branching - i.e. I wanted to
group together some test "branches" (Simple Controllers with some HTTP
Requests inside) under some ControllerX, so that for every iteration
only one of the branches will be ran with some set probability. So,
RandomController may be called a simpler version of such ControllerX -
since it also runs only one of its children, with equal probability
for all of them.

What is the easiest way to implement such a controller in JMeter? As I
can see it now, it may be either done by e.g. using additional Java
code for Java Request Sampler (which will do the random choosing) plus
Switch Controller, or writing a custom Controller as a plugin (which
is most likely much harder). But who knows - maybe it was already done
before. What could you suggest?

Regards,
Andrey

--