jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Michael McDonnell" <bzaks1...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributed Testing: Not actually creating load?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 00:19:03 GMT
We're running a distributed test (roughly 7 remote workstations) on a pretty
hefty box (8 cores, 32 gigs ram.... etc...)

However, something seems to be going wrong... perhaps its because I'm
crossing linux and windows platforms to try to do the testing?

We're load testing a web application, so primarily, the only work we're
doing is http requests (there are a few "java requests" that actually is an
app I created to make webservice calls, but we'll get to that later)

However, when we view the transactions in the database, they are extremely
low. (frighteningly low).

Then we run the test from a single user work station (same test, 300 users
doing work) and our results come back fantastically!

Now granted: I guess the big deal is this: when the app uses a csv in
distributed mode, does each slave utilize the the same csv in the same order
? or is there a sort of "break up" so that no two slaves are using the same
line in the csv?

I'm sorry for what may be dumb questions... but we're coming down to a tight
deadline, and the distributed testing is not giving us good results where as
the local testing is.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Michael