jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jitendra Kumar Mohanty" <Jitendra.Moha...@infogain.com>
Subject RE: Getting error(10%)in listner when no of threads are increased gradually for some transactions
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:33:36 GMT
Hi

I am getting the following error:-

jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: readResponse:
java.io.IOException".

Hope this will help in understanding what the issue is.

Thanks,
Jitendra

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:40 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Getting error(10%)in listner when no of threads are
increased gradually for some transactions

On 12/06/2008, Jitendra Kumar Mohanty <Jitendra.Mohanty@infogain.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I have prepared a thread group consisting of 10 transactuions & it
runs
>  for 5 threads for 30 minutes without any problem but if the threads
are
>  increased to 10 then for last 2 transactions I get error & the
>  percentage is around 10,If some delay is introduced then I do not get
>  any error and again if the no of threads are increased to 20 and some
>  more delay is introduced then I do not get any error, so the problem
>  here is that every time To run the script for increased no of threads
>  without error, I have to increase the delay time in the transactions.

Sounds like you are overloading something, probably the server, but it
is difficult to say without knowing what the errors are.

>  Another query is that does Jmeter includes the delay time in
calculating
>  the Response time.

No, though it will obviously affect throughput calculations.