jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Gill (dergill)" <derg...@cisco.com>
Subject redirect script output to Jmeter listener
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:07:52 GMT

Hi,

I have a number of Perl scripts I launch using the beanshell sampler.
The Perl scripts generally do some remote logging and print general
information from a database running on a remote server.  Is there anyway
that I can pipe the output of the Perl script so that it is caught in my
Jmeter listener.  I can see that it is possible to catch the the Perl
script return value in the listener, but I can't see if it is even
possible to pipe the entire script output back into the Jmeter listener.

Typically I launch the script as follows from the bean shell:

import java.util;
import java.lang;

String test_script = "/usr/bin/perl /root/test.pl \"select count(*) from
CLIENTSESSIONS;\"";
Runtime currentruntime = Runtime.getRuntime();
Process testingprocess = currentruntime.exec(test_script);
testingprocess.waitFor();

Thanks,
Derek.

Derek Gill