jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan.rodrig...@cybercomgroup.com>
Subject RE: How to change Http Sampler file sent during run
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 09:22:41 GMT
This sounds possible with a "CSV Data Set Config".

Basicly you  put all the values <acc_id> can have in a file and JMeter will read this
file one line per thread  putting the line as the value of <acc_id>.

How to set up a "CSV Data Set Config" is pretty well explained on the manual.

ivan
-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Singer [mailto:Michal.Singer@expand.com]
Sent: den 5 juni 2008 15:13
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to change Http Sampler file sent during run

Hi. I would like to be able to change the file sent in the body of the http
request during run. So that if i have many threads configured to send this
request, each one will send a different file which will be editted
during run.

For example, if the file contains this:
<message>
        <type>Alerts</type>
        <acc_id>16128</acc_id>
        <acc_ip>10.206.91.6</acc_ip>
</message>
I would like to change the field <acc_ip> for each thread before it
executes.
I don't want to define it manually by defining different tests, since i want
to run more then 1000 combinations.
Currently the only way i can see to do this is to checkout the JMeter src
files, and to add my additions to class:HTTPSampler:sendPostData method, so
that before send i would change the file to send.

I am sure there is a more elegant way to do this, by some how replacing the
HTTPSampler default class or something else.

Another thing: i would also like to do some logic after the response is
received before running another test. Cause i want to change files for a
different test depending on the result of test A.

Please let me know what is the best way to do this.

Thanks