jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jason Dick <jasonkd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: LDAP Extended Request - Search
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:21:43 GMT
After much testing if found that my ${user} variable was wrong.  22222200001 vs 2222200001.
 Ugh!!  It seems that for some reason the LDAP server is returning successful search even
when the data does not exist.  Now with the correct variables I do get the search results
returned.

Seb, thank you for you replies.

As for updates to the LDAP Extended Sampler, I would recommend (suggest, etc) adding the ability
to specify LDAP controls. A good explanation of LDAP controls is at:  http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6707/controls.html.
 Common examples are server side sorting of data.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks again,
Jason

----- Original Message ----
From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
To: JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:28:37 PM
Subject: Re: LDAP Extended Request - Search

> On 16/06/2008, Jason Dick <jasonkdick@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  > The LDAP Extended
>  >  Request when set to 'Search test' does not return the results of the LDAP
>  >  query.  Can anyone give me more information on how I can get the results
>  >  returned?
>  >
>  >  Here's what I have
>  >  set:
>  >  test
>  >  - Search Base -
>  >  ou=locator, o=company.com
>  >  - Search Filter:
>  >  (&(priid=${user}))
>

> Are you sure that is correct?
>
>  Try using a fixed value first.
>

>  >  - Scope:  Perform
>  >  Subtree Search
>  >  - Return
>  >  object
>  >  - Dereference
>  >  aliases
>  >  - Parse the search
>  >  results?
>

> Must be set true in order to add the results to the XML response.

Further investigation shows that a search may respond successful, but
return no results.

Also, unless "Parse results" is set to true, the result data set is
not currently examined in any way. I suspect this is why Wireshark
does not show any data being returned.

I think the search function should probably be updated to at least
check if there are  any results, even if parse results is not enabled.
I'm looking into this.