jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David Schulberg" <David.Schulb...@str.com.au>
Subject Running script with a file save action
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 00:07:07 GMT
Hi,

I am dealing with the recording of a performance script where an action
is to save a table of data as an XLS file.

When I save the table there is a request recorded corresponding to this
request '/myweb/saveTable.do' but the actually saving of the table
doesn't take place because I believe the script can't respond to the
dialog that pops up inviting the user to save the XLS file. So when I
playback my script I am thinking that if we aren't really writing the
XLS file to disk then we aren't really measuring the performance hit
being experienced by a user.

I would appreciate some clarification of this issue.

Regards,

David Schulberg

Test Manager