jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kristof Jozsa <...@ond.vein.hu>
Subject Minor JMeter GUI annoyances
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:32:08 GMT
I'd like to ask if anyone else is repeatedly noticing the following
minor issues (or it's just me caring too much):

- after loading a saved JMeter test plan, it's state is all-expanded.
It's especially disturbing when you saved browser-derived headers for
every single request. It'd be lovely to see the tree's state saved.

- at right-click, 'Add', the items are in no particular order (as it
seems to me). Sometimes I spend long seconds eg. to locate 'Simple
controller' or any other test elements (in spite of I'd been using
jmeter quite a lot these months)

- while I woulnd't call the Graph Results component unusable, it's far
from being very useful when you want quality reports :)

- after stopping a tests, quite often the threadcounter box at the top
right goes negative

- workbench is not getting saved, while with some tricking you can put a
configured proxy server into the test plan to get it saved

- generally, the GUI could use quite a bit of polish (I mean elements
layout, grouping, general usability stuff).

I'm not sure if these issues would matter for most users at all, but I'm
curious. Also, (without any promise at all), would patches trying to
improve issues like above be welcome from the developers' side?

thanks,
Kristof