jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kristof Jozsa <...@ond.vein.hu>
Subject Re: uploading files in jmeter
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:59:25 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 26/06/2008, Kristof Jozsa <dyn@ond.vein.hu> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>> frequently and
>>>>

>>> Use the Proxy Recorder to record a browser session in which you upload
>>> a file and then downoad it.
>>>
>>  I have a similar requirement: I need to download a file in a test step, and
>> then a few steps later upload the very same file I downloaded.. any hints
>> how to do that?
>>

> Use the Proxy Recorder to record a browser session in which you
> download the file and then upload it.

I wish it was that easy :)

I customized a recorded session to alter input parameters using a CSV
config set. Therefore, every time the test executes, I download a
different file, and in each test I should upload the very same file
downloaded.

I plan to run the test with around 100 concurrent users, so that means
100 different files down- and then uploaded, but as I saw JMeter
generates those filenames.. Is it possible to use a beanshell
postprocessor to save the generated filename to a variable? Maybe some
other solution available for the problem?

Kristof